hi Skip,

skip_pack wrote:
> I got my linear supply adapted to the USB micro connection for power, so
> I now have a switch for shutdown, I also received the HifiBerry Digi+ I
> had ordered so it's now working happily on top of the RPI2 with pCP. The
> DAC picked it up and it worked right away.

Excellent!

> Since my DAC (a Twisted Pear Audio Opus with SPDIF input and a Metronome
> ASRC) does not indicate input sample rates, I was curious to know if I
> was getting the rates native to the files I was playing. The alsa
> settings are 80:4:: so I am not sure if that causes the player to cut
> the rate to 44.1 or 48 khz as probably happens when playing through the
> analog outputs or if it passes the native rate all the way to the DAC.
> My DAC does 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, and 192, but not 188.4. Pointers to a
> nice discussion of all the alsa commands would be very welcome. I am
> comfortable with ssh, or text editing the pCP cofig file (though I am
> not super-comfortable with vi).

It should pass thru. (Famous last words). I think we have just solved
the 48k restriction on HDMI that has been around for a while.

I find ALSA documentation quite difficult to follow. Have a look for "A
close look at ALSA". I found this article helpful.

The ALSA setting 80:4:: doesn't affect rate as far as I know.

There should be no need to manually edit the pCP config file. If it's in
the config file, it is accessible/editable from the web interface
somewhere.

Have you thought about connecting the Opus DAC directly to the Raspberry
Pi via i2s?

regards
Greg