steve-g wrote:
> I've recently installed SOA and LMS (7.81) on to a Wandboard Quad mainly
> to get BBC radio working again as the sparc processor that my Readynas
> uses does not have the horse power to run this.
>
> I have my music stored on the readynas (a Readynas Duo V1) and have
> mounted the share on the wand board - this works fine with 44.1kHz
> sampling rate but cannot cope with hi-def files.
> It almost works with 24/96k with just a few re-buffers per track, 24/192
> will constantly re-buffer.
>
> I know that the readnas is slow but it's not that slow - I've installed
> LMS on my main PC as a test and using the same configuration (music on
> nas) this works fine - so it seems to be a Wandboard issue.
> The PC, Wandboard and Readynas all connect to the router via 1Gb/s
> connections - so this SHOULDN'T be a problem.
>
> Is there anything that I can tweak (buffers?) to improve performance or
> to help diagnose exactly whats happening?
>
> Thanks

You may have gigabit rated hardware, but have you tested the actual
connection speeds between your various devices?

Apart from this, a couple of other things spring to mind.  Firstly,
adjusting the "squeezelite" params may iron out the re-buffering on
hi-res playback.  Secondly, what parameters did you use for your CIFS
mount on the Wandboard quad? Adjusting the wsize/rsize might help. Also
you might benefit from samba server side optimisation on your ReadyNas.
Something like this:
http://darrylgriffiths.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/netgear-readynas-duo-samba-performance.html