Greg Erskine wrote:
> Hi bluto99,
>
> We are glad too see you are enjoying piCorePlayer. :D
>
> Thanks for the feedback, it is always good to get "fresh" input.
>
> We'll have to go through our documentation and remove all references to
> the old password (and the CLI interface documentation).
>
> The alsamixer settings are sometimes not set to 100%. It seems to depend
> on the combination of sounds cards. We'll try and add this to the web
> gui to simplify things. I have read that some people think settings
> volume to 100% causes distortion. If it was easier to change then we
> could experiment a bit more to determine what is the optional setting.
>
> Some references for others following this post:
> password:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97803-piCoPlayer-Squeezelite-on-Microcore-linux-An-embedded-OS-in-RAM-with-Squeezelite&p=818034&viewfull=1#post818034
> xterm:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97803-piCoPlayer-Squeezelite-on-Microcore-linux-An-embedded-OS-in-RAM-with-Squeezelite&p=818226&viewfull=1#post818226

Thanks very much for the links, I will no doubt be setting up other
picore players for friends.  FWIW I'm using the onboard sound connected
to a dock and it is much better then I expected, definitely good enough
for my crude minimal installation in my garage/workshop...Raspberry Pi
B+, an ancient Linksys wifi adapter, and an old Sony dock.

18158

|Filename: 20150530_160040.jpg                                      |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18158|