drmatt wrote:
> And... I'm up and running again. :)
>
> Lots of i386 folks will bump in to this now I suspect.

And here's one of them.

I once choose squeezebox because of it's platform independent free
software support and I'm really happy there are still people caring
about it. :-) Currently I have running four squeezebox devices and still
one or two in some boxes from the last move. I was running lms 7.7.3
from the debian packages on a plain ordinary i386 wheezy machine which I
upgraded yesterday and now none of my devices (2× boom, 1 radio, 1
controller) works anymore.

I can't install from the repositories over aptitude because some size
mismatches. There's one big package for all architectures for a package
I supposed to be platform independent because it's written in a
scripting language. Issues with Perl 5.20 are known for over a year and
i386 seems to be some exotic platform around here. As a long time (over
10 years) debian user this is contrary to all my debian experience. ;-)

Would have been better you dropped your debian packages and let folks
build everything by themselves. The way it is today the debian packages
are useless and frustrating. I don't want to offend anyone for
continuing work on lms, but offering non working packages is worse than
offering no packages at all.

FWIW: is there any way to help you splitting up lms in architecture
specific packages with correct dependencies using as much packages from
the host as possible?

:-/