Help please!

I've three RPi boards all of which fail to connect to my network via the
ethernet port.

One had worked fine and I'd got it going on wifi too. But when the wifi
connection had problems, getting back into it wired was a no-no.

A new Pi had the same problem - no activity at all on the ethernet port.
Couldn't even set this up.

A third Pi has just come - same issue.

I do have a working Pi on the network - happily running piCorePlayer
(which I was wanting to run on the others, too).

I've tried:

- two different power supplies
- three different network cables
- connecting to a network switch and direct to the router

When using the switch on my desk - I took the working cable out from my
Mac and tried this; the activity light on the switch didn't come on.

I've tried with various images on the SD card - Raspbian, Runeaudio as
well as various versions of piCorePlayer. The red light on the board
comes on, and with pCP the green light flashes (once) when power is
applied so presumably the card is being read. When I first tried to set
up the second board I used the working SD card.

I can't believe all three RPi boards are faulty, but I've run out of
ideas of what to try next, so any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Bob

-+-+-+-
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/morris_minor_1)