bernid wrote:

  >   > ./perlbrew install perl-5.20.2 -D usethreads -D use64bitint -A
ccflags=-fno-stack-protector -A ldflags=-fno-stack-protector
--------------------

Do not use perlbrew:

> perlbrew is a tool to manage multiple perl installations in your $HOME
> directory.

which is not at all what you want. You are using root to build (never a
good idea), but LMS will later run as a non-root user (do not start it
as root - use the init script, which will switch to the correct user) -
this is bound to cause all sorts of issues
Build and install perl as a non-root user to /opt/perl-X.Y.Z, and chown
the install dirs afterwards (see howto)

bernid wrote:

> and having perl-5.20.2 linux-thread-multi-64int I (successfully) build
> needed LMS's perl modules.
> There are problems with versions of two modules: DBI and JSON::XS.

See the section "Using newer perl modules" and post #37 (newer perls
need updated packages (DBI, JSON::XS, maybe more) which are not part of
the LMS tarball), and you have to copy the non-binary parts (*.pm) of
these to the LMS dir as well)

[ extGUI4LMS - an alternative web interface: 'forum'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98186-Announce-Alternative-Web-Interface-(beta))
/ 'homepage' (http://code.google.com/p/extgui4lms/) | 'music visualizer'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103073-Announce-music-visualizer-for-squeezelite)
for squeezelite | 'Howto'