After running Ubuntu 10 for years with LMS and a Squeezebox classic,
I've had to upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I've installed LMS 7.9.0 and I
can web in. I've pointed it at my music folder and scanned all my
albums.

The problem is that my Squeezebox can't find my LMS server. I can ping
the SqueezeBox from the server (it's all wired and on the same subnet)
so I've got basic network connectivity. I'm no expert, but I think the
Ubuntu firewall is off, and obviously the server accepts connections on
port 9000. On the 'Player' tab of the settings it just says 'Your player
was not found'

Any suggestions as to what to try?