Hello,

I am not familiar with Unix so please forgive what follows ...

Using Win32DiskImager on my Windows 10 PC I transferred the 2.05 image
to a 8GB SD card. I have been happily running piCorePlayer on a
Raspberry Pi3 for some weeks.

Unfortunately the actual Pi is not easily accessible so remote is the
preferred option for updates

Following the recent release of 2.06 I am attempting to upgrade from
2.05 on the Pi using the inbuilt "update pCP" button on the Main Page of
the web interface (connected via LAN).

I see the following

Step 1 Checking network

[ INFO ] Internet accessible.
[ INFO ] Sourceforge repository accessible.
[ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer2.05

Next button

Step 2 Downloading files

[ INFO ] You are downloading Update script
[ INFO ] Step 1. - Remove old Update script...
[ INFO ] Step 2. - Downloading new Update script...
[ INFO ] Downloading insitu_update_stage2.cgi...
[ INFO ] Downloading insitu_update_stage2.cgi.md5.txt...
[ OK ] insitu_update_stage2.cgi download successful.
[  OK  ] Successfully downloaded the new Update script

Press the [ Next ] button to install start the upgrade process.

Not enough space. Press Ok to start expanding your partition or Cancel
to abort

Select okay and it returns

[ ERROR ] Wrong mode. Min: Beta

Using putty to connect (user tc) shows

tc@Orangery:~$ sudo fdisk /dev/mmcblk0

The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 246240.
There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024,
and could in certain setups cause problems with:
1) software that runs at boot time (e.g., old versions of LILO)
2) booting and partitioning software from other OSs
(e.g., DOS FDISK, OS/2 FDISK)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/mmcblk0: 8068 MB, 8068792320 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 246240 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/mmcblk0p1              33         832       25600   c Win95 FAT32
(LBA)
/dev/mmcblk0p2             833        2359       48864  83 Linux

Is there any way of increasing the disk space available from the
commmand line (and if so would it be possible to have a Janet/John guide
how to do it ?

Cracking program btw :-)

Kind regards

Alan