Absolutely brilliant stuff going on here. I've just got pCP with LMS
running for the first time on my RPi3.

I'm hoping to stick a RPi in my car. I want to avoid the added
complexity that a 'normal' car RPi installation has. The majority of the
tutorials I've read say that in order to avoid filesystem corruption,
you need to cleanly shut down the RPi. Cleanly shutting down an RPi in a
car generally leads to some fairly complicated installations. It often
involves wiring stuff into the ignition, or utilizing some kind of
battery power supply, etc...

I want to avoid all that, and the boot-to-RAM nature of piCorePlayer
appeals to me because it seems to avoid all that. I want the thing to
boot off an ordinary 12V > USB adapter, and I want the thing to not go
to shit when it regularly, abruptly loses power.

My question is, is there anything in pCP, LMS, or any other of its
'beta' features that would jeopardize what I am hoping to do? Running
just a client seems be pretty straightforward. Running a server
necessarily seems to involve more filesystem writes.

Please note that I'm not a noob when it comes to Linux and technical
matters. Linux has been my desktop for over a decade now and I've had
Squeezebox stuff running since 2008.