Wirrunna wrote:
> Arie and Ralphy, just loaded the jivelite_touch.tcz . Couldn't resist
> the Word Clock.
> Works a treat.
>
> Thank you both.
>
> Arie, how about some splashes of colour instead of boring old grey ?

Wirrunna,

Thanks for the compliment but I didn't design the Word Clock. Someone
called Andy did all the hard work and made it available for the O2
Joggler version of SqueezePlay (see
this 'link '
(http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1879&start=60#p20424)for
more info). I just fixed a few bugs and incorparated the code into
ClockApplet.lua.

Another "problem" I have is that i'm colorblind so designing something
with a nice looking, matching color palette is a bit problematic ;)

It is however possible to replace the images used in the Word clock if
you are a bit familiar with piCore/Linux:

- create the following directory in piCorePlayer:
  /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/JogglerSkin/images/Clocks/WordClock
- change the images attached to this post to your liking (e.g. use
  Photoshop Hue/Saturation with the Colorize option)
- copy all the images to the .../Clocks/WordClock directory created in
  step one (I use WinSCP but you need to change the Advanced Site
  Settings->SCP/Shell->Shell to read 'sudo -s' (without the quotes) for
  this to work as you need root priveliges)
- save settings to SD card (you can use piCorePlayer's web interface,
  'sudo filetool.sh -b' from a SSH command line or use the piCorePlayer
  applet Save Settings To SD Card option)
- quit JiveLite. JiveLite should automatically restart

This should reload the images used for the Word Clock. The only thing
that cannot be changed this way is the colour of the text at the bottom
of the clock.

Regards,
Arie

20906

|Filename: WordClock_Images.zip                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20906|