hi sckramer,

We probably need to look further into this to make it less confusing.

You should really set "Output setting" correctly. This is a manual
operation. Look under the "more>" > "Squeezelite found these output
devices" for valid options. (something like sysdefault:CARD=Schiit-dac)

Back when we wrote this code, the USB sound card would always load
*before* the onboard sound card. So, USB sound CARD=0. This would cause
a problem for people using the onboard sound card because the card
number would depend if there was any USB sound cards installed.

Somewhere along the line, the firmware changed so the onboard sound card
is always loaded as CARD=0 (unless it is disabled of course), then USB
and I2S sound cards.

regards
Greg