Like NotTheHerbie I was getting stuttering problems on 3.01 and 3.00,
but it didn't seem related to synchronizing players. I think it was
something to do with changing squeezelite settings through the web
interface (.../cgi-bin/squeezelite.cgi)?

The affected players are using RPi 1s, analog output, connected with
ethernet. (I have two other players, one using a HiFiBerry DAC and one
using analog output and wifi, which seem to be OK)

When I installed a clean 3.00 image, it worked OK. I changed the host
name through the Tweaks section of the web interface, and the
squeezelite player name through the web interface and was prompted to
restart squeezelite. After I did, playback was stuttering (particularly
noticeable on speech radio). Reboot didn't solve the problem. Update to
3.01 didn't solve the problem.

What I think has worked:
- Install 3.00 img.
- Change player name and save but do not restart player when prompted,
change host name and save, but do not reboot when prompted.
- In situ update to 3.01 and reboot.
- It's now playing without stuttering. Hopefully it will stay that way.
I'll try this 'recipe' on the other affected player tomorrow and see if
it works there as well.