I ran LMS on a Pi model B for 3 or 4 months. In short, it will work.
However, I have resurrected an old AMD 64-bit computer, installed Debian
on it and it is now my music server. So why did I ditch the Pi?

There were 2 major problems. First, not enough RAM on the Pi. As you may
be aware, my Pi model has only 500 MB of RAM. That's okay if you have a
small music collection  (less than 25,000 tracks). I need more memory
because I have more than 32,000 tunes in my collection and my Pi
couldn't handle that. Consequently, not all my music was included in
database syncs. For 50,000 or more tracks, 2 GB plus are recommended.
Even the Pi model 3 doesn't have enough memory for that large a
collection.

The second problem is it's slow. Sometimes the music would halt, then
play, then halt, then play, over and over. This was especially bad
during a database rsync which seemed to occur at random times even
though rsync were scheduled nightly at 1:30 AM.

There is another single board computer available called an Odroid-C2
which has 2 GB RAM and a fast 64-bit processor (ARM8, I think) and it's
only a few dollars more than a Pi 3. I was tempted to buy one and try it
but it's biggest drawback, like the Pi 3, is that it doesn't support
USB3. My computer doesn't either so, for now, it will do.