I'm starting this thread as a request for information from JackOfAll. I
thought it might be useful to have this information on a separate thread
that others could easily find. I suspect there may be a reasonable
amount of interest in the KALI Reclocker.

Allo have released an interesting product called the 'KALI Reclocker'
(http://allo.com/sparky/kali-reclocker.html) that will provide a low
jitter I2S input to Raspberry Pi DACs. KALI will only work with DACs
that operate in Slave mode.

I believe I'm correct to say that some DACs that work in Slave mode are
the Mamboberry LS and the Allo Piano DACs. DACS that work in Master mode
are the HiFiBerry and IQaudIO DACs - therefore they do not work with the
KALI.

Now I would like to give the KALI a try, but unfortunately I only have
an IQaudIO DAC+ and a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro.

I have seen posts on diyAudio that indicate there are patch sets that
may allow these DACs that run in Master mode by default to run in Slave
mode.

I wondered if this was correct? And if so, are these kernel or driver
patches? Would that guarantee these DACs would work with the KALI, or
would testing be required for confirmation.

Thanks in advance Clive.