edwardthern wrote:
> I agree, so are people who try to "Listen" by using some form of
> reasoning or looking at measurements.

Nobody is trying to listen by using reasoning or measurements, but many
of us are trying to actually understand and verify what is going on
instead of just assuming things.

> For all the nay-sayers. FYI...to this day they don't know exactly why
> Tylenol relieves pain....just recently they have started to develop a
> 'theory' or a guess.

Again a rather poor and misleading analogy - they might not know
precisely (for a rather strict definition of precisely) why Tylenol
relieve pain - but they do know it does, thanks to thousands and
thousands of controlled experiments.

> Using some peoples logic [All amps should sound the same] seeing that
> they all have the same stuff inside....cap, resisters etc. However
> people have reported differences in sound from things as small as
> solder.

What haven't people reported? Anyone can report anything, and if your
understanding of electronics is on the level of "they all have the same
stuff inside....cap, resisters etc" it must all seem like magic to you,
so of course you resort to "magical" explanations.

Anyway, this horse is pining for the fjords thanks to excessive
flagellation. If you want to continue this discussion, I suggest you do
it in the "audiophile" subforum that exists precisely to protect other
parts of the forum from stuff like this.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953