paul- wrote:
> Can you put your rpi LMS server on a wired connection to see if that
> changes anything.   There is nothing going to sleep on pCP, however some
> wifi drivers may put the wifi card in power save.

I'm not running LMS on an rpi. It's running on a wired Linux box.

I disabled the onboard WiFi and connect the rpi running pCP to a TP-Link
Range Extender connected to my WiFi network and this morning the alarm
worked fine. I'd like to see it work a few days in a row before
declaring victory but it seems there's a problem with the onboard WiFi.

Browsing the web I found this:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/pi-3-wifi-unstable/14171

which is something I also noticed while trying to figure this out.
sshing into the rpi and navigating around always resulted in the ssh
session hanging.

The thread above mentions turning off wireless power management with:

    sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

but iwconfig isn't installed on pCP. Is there a way to install it?