maybe IP address conflict?
check the Ip address of the players when they are on, they should have
different addresses
if they don't, specify an IP address for them instead of letting the
DHCP (probably your router) assign it
Choose in that case an address outside of the DHCP span!
check in your router config where the DHCP addresses start, probably at
192.168.x.10 or 192.168.x.50
Assign the address before that address, like 192.168.x.2 if it's
available (you didn't set any other devices already to that address)
An IP sniffer can tell you what addresses are in use on your network

otherjon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for debugging.  I
> have one Raspberry Pi (with pCP) running LMS but no player, and two
> others (with HifiBerry Digi+ hardware and pCP) for the players.  Each
> player works fine with the server by itself.  However, when I power on
> both players and try to play music from both of them -- either synced or
> independently -- the players have a strong tendency to freeze up.  They
> may both play for 15 seconds or so, at best, but they will consistently
> hang.  At that point, if I turn one off, eventually the other seems to
> recover.  If I swap in a hardware Logitech Squeezebox for one of the pCP
> devices, the same thing seems to happen.
>
> How should I go about debugging this?  Are there specific verbosity
> settings or log files that I should be looking into?  Known issues that
> I should read up on?
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer with Audio-GD I2S hdmi output ->
PS Audio DirectStream -> Pass Labs XP20 -> Pass Labs XVR-1 -> 2 x Karan
KA S 400 -> Magnepan 3.6R -> happiness