pCP started out as a pure lean player. But pCP has evolved and can now
also be used as a pure LMS server and with the latest edition (pCP3.10)
we have included a Samba server, so now any USB HDD or USB-stick can be
used to store your media files which is easily manipulated from any
computer on the network via file explorer.

On the LMS page you first mount the USB-HDD (or a network drive, like a
NAS):
21902

Then setup the Samba share, so your drive can be accessed from any
computer via the network:
21903

Then Install LMS.  If you move the data and cache to your attached
drive, you will not risk data loss if your sd-card corrupts. Please
notice the USB drive needs to be formatted in linux type as it needs to
set permissions which cannot be done in a FAT formatted drive.
21904

I think LMS is quite responsive on a RPi3 it is much faster to scan than
my previous LMS:
21905

And it doesn't use very much resources when serving a flac file to
Squeezebox Duet:
21906

|Filename: top-LMS.JPG                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21906|

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

*Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer*