Jeff07971 wrote:
> One of the "selling" points of Pcp is that it runs entirely from ram
> (with exceptions) making it pretty much immune from disk corruption from
> unsafe shutdown (pulling the plug)
>
> It is possible to put files on Pcp permanently but you dont't want to do
> it for this !

Ok, that's a good point, haven't thought about that!

Jeff07971 wrote:

> Either plug in a USB HDD or a USB stick and use that for music storage.
> If you use a HDD move LMS cache to that as well

Sounds good too, though I don't know how to change the location of the
LMS cache. But thats a different part of the story.

paul- wrote:
> Best Option is what Jeff said, but If you really must store on the SD
> card,  the best way would be to create a 3rd partition.
>
> From a fresh image, only expand the main pCP partion (mmcblk0p2) to
> about 200MB, then create a 3rd partition on the SDcard to use the rest
> of the space.  Make the partition formatted ext4.   You will have to
> manually mount the partition in bootlocal.sh, mount it before the pcp
> startup.
Ok, that one is a bit more difficult but also a very clean solution! I
think I'll go for the USB stick in the first place and maybe set up this
solution if everything works as expected.

Thank you both for these good (and unexpected quick) answers!
Best, Nick