DJanGo wrote:
> Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) was released @ 13.10.2016 your*- forever
> -*seems not long ago?
>
> port 9000 is used from the webfrontend not from telnet.
>

> ok thats a pretty strange idea - i would not recommend that...
>
> I would say - your system has some nice -addons- / -hacks- and its worth
> to start from scratch without doing such cool things:o
>
> lms runs fine if the operating system is fine.

Sure. Let me clarify >>

But port 9000 should still be accessible right? When it says refused
connection there is something not OK. Regardless of whether you can
telnet into that port or not.

I upgraded gradually from years back and now I'm on 16.10. Maybe i
dragged something along. ??

Renaming logitechmediaserver in init.d was meant to prevent automatic
start at boot and allow for manual start to make sure the network was up
and running without deleting the original file. I have no idea where the
startup script came from. My idea was that LMS installation puts it
there. Can't remember I ever put it there.

Apart from that there have been absolutely no hacks on the system.
Besides there are no errors in the logs whatsoever....