Mnyb wrote:
> Tags are essentiall for a working LMS experience :/
>
> Otherwise views like artist, album artist, album ,genre , year, song ,
> track no, composer etc becomes useless.
> and no album cover pictures .
> And the search functionality becomes crippled ?
>
> The other menus in LMS are generated from the file tags .
>
> There is a " guess tag " functionality in LMS that tries to figure this
> by file and folder names only , it can be tweaked to some extent if your
> folder structure is very consistent, but it can not replace tags .
>
> I think there is a lot of useful info in the wiki and a whole subforum
> devoted to ripping and tagging .
Have to say I agree with Mnyb, getting your tags sorted out is the way
to go. It may be a pain to get it right but once done you won't regret
it. There are lots of forum posts in the subject of tagging. Personally
I use mp3tag and do it manually but there are "automatic" tagging apps
out there with varying success rates. It's a pain to do initially but
once you get it right you just tag any new music that you add. You'll
never look back once you've done it 😉

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.1 - r33735 @ Mon Nov 28 16:44:47 MST
2011
Operating system: Vortexbox 2.0 (Fedora16)
Squeezebox Touch: Firmware: 7.7.1-r9561
HTC HD2 running SlimCtrl 1.52
Squeezeplay 7.5.3 - r0
Squeezeslave