mherger wrote:
> > I can see the day when other RPi screen resolutions are just as
> popular
> > as the current official 800x600. This will result in someone taking
> > piGridSkin and modifying it to suit. Then another....
>
> I added support for three more popular resolutions (1024x600, 1280x800,
> 1366x768). "Text only" Now Playing screen sucks on these displays, but
> who cares :-). I tried to get the standard and large artwork fit nicely.
>
> It's 800x480px first, with the others trying to fit in. The biggest
> changes were to get rid of the many hard-coded measures/coordinates, and
>
> use some logic based on the screen size instead. This seems to be
> working quite nicely with the aforementioned resolutions, as they share
> similar ratios.
>
> What other screen resolutions would you have considered? One big
> difference between the PiGrid based skins and Triode's HDGrid is that
> PiGrid is supposed to be used on a touch screen, whereas HDGrid is
> rather for the 10ft UI without direct interaction.

Thanks a lot Michael. That should help a lot of people in the future.

There is a rash of smaller displays but I don't know the resolutions of
most of them. I did notice that a least one of them was the same
resolution as Duet controller so I was thinking that skin would work as
is. As you mention the issue with these touch skins is at the moment
piCorePlayer only supports the official 7" RPF screen resolution.

regards
Greg