thanks for the motivation speech, I am trying it and suffer from a small
perk
16 bit streams show alternating 16 bit and 24 bit recognition on the dac
screen
you can see it here

https://youtu.be/4AsqcPouthU
I can't hear any defect but I'm wondering what that dac does in the
background to reconciliate this and how it can affect the sound!
24 bit streams are fine, so are DoP.
When I setup ALSA to output 24 or 32 bit only (24, 24_3, 32 settings)
it's the same, and DoP doesn't work anymore (depending on the settings)

if I take the Kali out of the setup everything works fine

I am already in discussion with the Allo support, for the moment they
point me to a ground loop inside the player.

Dimdim wrote:
> Don't underestimate the Kali. It is functionally comparable to Ian's
> FIFO reclocker. That should say a lot.
>
> Keep in mind that there is a very respectable number of DAC chips out
> there that can not run in master mode, like all of the AK chips (AK4490,
> AK4495, AK4497, etc.) and the previous generation ESS DACs (9023, 9018,
> etc.).
>
> Since you've already bought it, why not just try it?

Syno 415+ with LMS 7.9 -> Picoreplayer 3.11 with Audio-GD I2S hdmi
output -> PS Audio DirectStream -> Pass Labs XP20 -> Pass Labs XVR-1 ->
2 x Karan KA S 400 -> XTZ Divine 100.49 -> happinessnd