Hi, the team is nearing the completion of the release of a new
piCorePlayer 3.20.  Because of the many significant kernel changes,
improvements and bug fixes we decided to offer a public beta.  Anyone is
free to try the beta, but if you find a problem please post diagnostic
data.

Both version are ready for testing
1. piCorePlayer3.20beta5 which is a normal version like all previous pCP
releases. The kernel and modules are mostly vanilla versions from the
official raspberry pi linux source with only a couple of tweaks.

2. piCorePlayer3.20beta5-Audio version. This version contain all the
same improvements as the above normal version. But in addition we have
added all the audio related patches that Clive (aka JackOfAll) made for
the raspberry kernel. So here we have support for more i2s-DACs and we
support higher sample rates etc.
**Please note:  This version is only recommended for I2S soundcards and
hardwired network.  The optimizations for audio has been known to
interfere with wifi, and for sure will make USB soundcards unstable.

Changelog:
KERNEL/FIRMWARE CHANGES

- Kernel 4.9.17
- rpi firmware 2017/03/31
- config.txt changes to increase usable memory on rpi2/3 by 16M
- config.txt changes to decrease videocore memory usage.
- rpi Zero-W Support
- Allo Boss and Piano-Plus Support
- Changed 8192cu driver (same version that OSMC uses)
- 8812au driver included
*Other PCP changes*
- Squeezelite updated to v1.86-945
- ffmpeg updated to 3.17
- wiringpi shared libraries included by default.  (Used to be static
  linked to squeezelite).
- flac updated to 1.3.2
- utf8 support for fat32 partitions
- New card configuration system, will help with speed on squeezelite
  page.  Also allows us to add more specific card information.
- Set --nomysqueezebox option from web interface
- Default LMS install is 7.9.0 released verison
- Great updates to pCP jivelite pacakge.  Made possible by mherger
- pcp Help web site http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net.  This is
  still a work in progress, where we can easily create web pages with
  HOTO's and other information.  If you have something you would like
  included, creates a simple web page and let us know.
- And last but not least, corrections to the inplace update process

Before you get to excited about the last improvement, We need to make
you aware that the images for piCoreplayer 3.11 and prior used a 25MB
boot partiion.  With the new kernel and overlays piCoreplayer3.20 uses
all but 200k (99%) of this space.  piCorePlayer 3.20 images will
increase to a 32MB boot partition to hopefully future proof that for a
while.

The inplace upgrade will not be offered for the beta phase, but we will
make it available at the time of the release.  There will be a hotfix
needed to make this available.....we will post that fix later.

The betas can be downloaded here.
'piCorePlayer 3.20 beta'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/beta/piCorePlayer3.20beta5/).

The team