- I have deselected some options (like "Artwork") in the "NowPlaying"
menu and then the options are no more here in the menu. Is there any way
to see them back?

The choices in this menu depend on the skin used. The one you're using doesn't offer any options.

- seems in the 1920x1080 some buttons (next previous volume+/-) are no
more here when playing : is it a "functionality"?

Rather lack there of :-). That skin imho was designed with the remote control in mind, not to be used on eg. a touch screen. Not all buttons can be navigated to using a remote. Therefore they're not there.

Does the build you're using offer other Grid Skins? If so, you might be able to tweak them to use your native resolution instead of the HD Grid Skins: Set JL_SCREEN_WIDTH and JL_SCREEN_HEIGHT environment variables to your resolution. Would that work?

- vu meter and sound analyzer are not working (but maybe I have to
install other stuff / libs?), any idea?

AFAIK they're only available if squeezelite is running on the same computer.

- I installed JiveLite "the hard way": following the instructions on the
first page, I knew that google code closed and I knew JiveLite was on
github, so I changed the git clone address. But why do you not change
the instructions directly on the first page of this thread?

Triode, who created JiveLite and did that posting, has left the community a few years ago. The project itself is now maintained mostly by ralphy (the owner of the github account).

--

Michael