Mnyb wrote:
> Yes that's the cap problem there are treads with pictures .
> It has digital outs these will be unaffected by this problem that only
> affects the analog out. Is there a zone where something should hook up
> to a HT reciever or DAC .

So, the mental debate I've had going is this... The only place I have
which would take a digital input is the main room. I feel nervous about
using the SB via digital in there as all the FLAC material will need to
be transcoded on the fly on the 'good' system which feels backward. I'm
running dual amps into some sensitive EPOS speakers so I'd really like
the best quality... or am I over thinking that. Will a CD quality stream
on the SB2 via digital be worse/better/the same as an RCA connected
Hifiberry DAC? Will I even notice?

Writing this I suspect it'll come down to the sound signatures of the
various devices and how they work together, so I'll just have to get an
optical cable and give it a go...?