Hi,
After not succeeding with the insitu update, I finally managed to get a
second SD card here in the wilderness and tried to install 3.21 from the
scratch (i.e. as img file). Also I managed to get a HDMI cable to
connect the Raspi to the holiday home's TV (still no keyboard though).
The result seemed to be similar to my failed intens of insitu updating:
after installation, the Raspi seems to boot allright (ending up with the
prompt), but no PCP/web server/ssh running.
Is the newconfig.cfg method (saved settings of my working 3.20
installation on an USB stick plugged in during boot process) supposed to
work when installing 3.21 as described above?
Best regatds
Martin

PCP (always latest version) on RasPi 3 with PhatDac (player & server)
PCP on several RasPis 2 +3
2 Airplay speakers (Sony SA-NS510) integrated via Airplay Bridge Plugin