Downloaded 3.21 this morning and wrote the image to a SD card.

Added my newconfig file for Wifi settings as used previously (Pi Zero
and Pi A+) and put the SD card into a Pi Zero W.

It fails to load as it can't connect to the Wifi; I get the "Too few
arguments" error and it keeps trying two more times with the same
result.

Wrote the image again to the SD card and this time didn't copy the
newconfig file in, but ran the setup script on the Pi Zero W and set the
Wifi up from there. Reboot and I'm getting the same errors.

Wifi SSID and password is the same as being used by the other players
(PI Zero and Pi A+) with no problem; same router too. I tried plugging
in a USB Wifi dongle and rebooting but no change (I guess it doesn't
automatically use that over the onboard Wifi anyway).

What am I missing? Many thanks.

I've searched and can find other people have had similar issues at one
time but couldn't find a single answer that seems proven for 3.21.