blackbite wrote:
> ist this still "under investigation" by you? I would really like to do a
> restart of lms after a plugin update via the web gui if the old wrapper
> script or the --norestart option is no longer needed in "newer" debian
> dists.
> I´m running LMS (7.9.1 latest nightly) on a RPI3 (stretch) without any
> problems. If i stop lms and restart it manual via command line without
> the --norestart option it work flawlessly. Tested myself by disabling
> and enabling the Amazon plugin. The Restart Option was shown and it did
> restart the lms as it was supposed to do.
> Many thanks.
> Thorsten

I'd say it's still on my to-do list, but not under active investigation.
But if you're saying that removing the --norestart from the startup
script was all that was needed, then I could certainly give this a try.
Could you please test the following:

- remove --norestart
- update or install a plugin, requiring a restart
- let LMS do the restart
- then go and try to restart LMS from the shell, using the startup
  script

Would that still work?

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR