paul- wrote:
> I'm not able to look it up for a couple of days.   You can move the
> cache to a USB stick first.   Take a look at what gets set, then move
> the files manually from the USB to your new partition, and update.

Thanks, Paul - That brought me 1 step further  - but I still can not get
it to run....

Following your instructions w/ using an USB drive 1st, I see the
relevant changes it is doing to /home/tc/.slimserver.cfg. These lines
are added (where 'volume' is the mounted USB stick:
CACHE=/mnt/volume/slimserver/Cache
PREFS=/mnt/volume/slimserver/prefs

So, I changed 'volume' to 'store' in the /home/tc/.slimserver.cfg and
rebooted.
But after reboot it overwrites these settings w/ the very original
location:
CACHE=/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/Cache
PREFS=/mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/slimserver/prefs

What am I doing wrong here?
Also, I have a general problem of understanding: When I edit
/home/tc/.slimserver.cfg - isn't that a location in RAM - since
everything is supposed to run in RAM?

Thanks again - I'll wait for feedback until you are back have time
available.

Heiner
My system:
LMS 7.9 on modded Open Peak Joggler running Roobarbs SqueezePlay OS.
1 x Slimp3
5 x Squeezebox Classic
1 x Controller
2 x Squeeze Commander (on 2 rooted Nook Touch e-reader)
X x Squeezeplay & Jivelites on various PC's & Laptops