Hi

I thought I'd give LIRC a try on one of my PCPs when I came across and
old Microsoft IR USB receiver in a box.  I enabled Beta, turned on LIRC,
went to the config page and set the device to be hidraw1 - and when I
point an old queezebox remote at the IR sensor, the red light comes on
(so it's getting power) but on the jivelite screen - nothing happens.
Power on/off doesn't do anything even.  So, I`m guessing that in the
config file somewhere I need to tell it the name of the USB device
(mceusb perhaps) but how does this relate to hidraw 1-9  - and which
hidraw do I use?  Sorry, LIRC is new to me.

ta

pete S