PasTim wrote:
> So I thought I should start afresh, having probably mucked something up.
> I downloaded everything again starting with empty folders.
>
> Imagine my surprise when having entered
> "PERL_524=/opt/perl-5.24.3-LMS/bin/perl5.24.3 ./buildme.sh &>
> buildme.log" I find it has built 5.26 (in .../build/arch/).  I assume
> when I cloned slimserver-vendor I got a new one and the buildme  did
> something different.
>
> Michael has now released LMS for 5.26 so I'm up and running again, but I
> would still quite like to get this working if I can, for protection
> against future changes.
>
> Is there something else I may have done wrong?  I had assumed that
> command would do the job.

I would think this has happened as the ./buildme.sh script has changed
since the first post in this thread to include building for perl 5.26
if it already exists on the host system.  See
https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/blob/public/7.9/CPAN/buildme.sh
lines lines 287 to 324.   The command you used may have set the variable
PERL_524, but if the file ""/usr/bin/perl5.26.0" exists on your host,
the script logic sets the variable PERL_526 to this path and then the
variable PERL_BIN ends up with the contents of PERL_526 and not the
contents of PERL_524.

If you want to build LMS  against an earlier version of perl you've
built  in /opt then you need to alter the ./buildme.sh script.