Yes, this is an old one.... but...

Today I decided to test if it was possible to remove the Q&D
/etc/rc.local workaround command, because I am running Ubuntu 16.04 now
with systemd and LMS 7.9.x
The test was unsuccessful, the /etc/rc.local workaround is still needed
when running LMS on a system where the network is started later than
LMS.
I have not tweaked with the systemd-config or whatsoever, it is running
with default Ubuntu settings.

I can't believe I am still the only one over here having this problem. I
am still interested in a structural solution or nicer workaround!

*Living Room:* HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
*Attic:* HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
*Kitchen:* SB Radio
*Other rooms:* 4x SB Radio