FWIW.  This is a quick post on how to turn off the power LED on my
Raspberry Pi running piCorePlayer.   Note:  This does not work on the
original Raspberry Pi A/B.

Go the PiCorePlayer web interface.
Put the interface in Advanced mode (scoll to bottom of page and click on
the "Normal" tab to make more options availbe on the web interface.
"Advanced" and "Beta" will also reveal the required settings.)
Wait for the web interface to reload.
Click on "Tweaks"
Scroll to the bottom and enter in "User command #1" text box:
-echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/led1/brightness-
Enter in "User command #2" text box:
-echo 0 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness-
Click on "Save"
Reboot your piCorePlayer.
The power LED and activity LED will power off once your RPi has boot up
PiCorePlayer

As a note, the "User command #2" is not really required as the
piCorePlayer does not normally access the SD card once booted.  I put it
here for completeness in case some edge PiCorePlayer setup accesses the
SD card regularly.  (Perhaps if you are running LMS with piCorePlayer?)

I don't have a Raspberry Pi Zero to confirm, but you apparently need to
run the following TWO comands to turn of the Power/Activity LED
instead.
echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/led0/brightness
echo none | sudo tee /sys/class/leds/led0/trigger