Hi,

Another plea of help I'm afraid :-(  I've been running PCP V3.22 since
it was released, and generally I've very happy. Certainly very stable.
So very well done!!

I have a Pi 2 B+ connected via ethernet, with fixed IP addr which has
the LMS server running, as well as 3 Pi Zero Ws connected into it. My
issue concerns Samba. I have it installed and am trying to set up a
share and connect into it from a PC, to no avail.

My config is as follows:

Samba is running: <tick>
Server Name: PIMUSIC
Server WorkGroup: WORKGROUP
Share Name: MUSIC
Share Path: /mnt/USB/Music
Create File Mode: 0664

The mounted USB stick is formatted NTFS, and the NTFS file system is
installed, and I play from it fine. From my Linux PC (Linux Mint 17.3) I
can see the server name, but it always times out if I try and connect to
it. From a Windows PC (Windows 10) I can get a little further, in that I
can see the share name, but that's it. This seems to be the case
regardless of whether or not I have a password set-up. I also have tried
uninstalling and reinstalling Samba without success.

I'm sure that the share path is correct, as that is what's shown in the
LMS settings pages, and also I can see this when I SSH into the Pi. I
have also tried changing the share path to /, and get the same thing.

I'm pretty sure that this just worked fine when I was using an older
version of PCP (though I can't now remember the version number).

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Regards,
Toonie.