jacobacci wrote:
> Hi all
> I have been using PiCorePlayer in a player role on RP3 for quite a
> while.
> Now I would like to use LMS on the RP3 as well with the following
> functionalities:
> - store music on the microSD card (128Gb, so there should be enough
> space)
> - access the music folder from a Win10 PC (much like I access music on a
> Synology NAS)
> - continue to use the Squeezebox functionality on the RP3, playing out
> through a hifiberry digi+ optical
> - use other Squeezebox Classic devices to play the music on the RP3 via
> LMS.I am not very fluent in Unix, so the challenge is the second point,
> accessing the music directory from a Windows 10 PC to manage the music.
>
> I would appreciate some pointers how to do this.
> Thanks a lot

To configure access from W10 to the SD Card you do not need to know much
about Linux.
It's already preconfigured in pCP 3.5.0.   Goto Menu LMS in Beta mode
and activate Samba Share. Then you are able to set up a network share in
W10.

I use an old 2,5 HDD with NFTS to store the music together with this
cable:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01E3QSG3Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
No additional power required.

LMS 7.9.2 : piCorePlayer 3.5.0 / 1508 albums with 18292 songs by 421
artists
Living Room / Hifi:  Touch, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock, Rega DAC R, Rotel
RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III, Thorens TD 145 MKII, Dreambox DM7020HD
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Travelling : SquezzeLite and Teufel BT Bamster
Spare: SB3