paul- wrote:

> Take a look at this document, can you create a wpa_supplicant.conf
> following these instructions.....used the #Maintained by user
> version.
>
> https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_setup_wifi_on_pcp_without_ethernet.shtml
>
> The only piece that is different than previous versions is the country
> code.  Try to leave that out of the config.

Hi Paul, I tried all sorts of things following your instructions: I have
tried to manually edit the sample wpa_supplicant.conf and place it in
the boot partition on the SD card, I have tried all possible
combinations of country=, using "DK", "US", and also commenting out the
country= line.

I even tried to do a ssh connection to the RPi and tried to use the
setup program as shown on the link provided, but that did not help
either.

I decided to abandon the upgraded 4.0.0.b5 card and flashed a freshly
downloaded 4.0.0.b6 image to a new SD card, but it was exactly the same
story, no joy. Swapping the SD card back to the old 3.02 image,
everything works as a charm again.

I also have the notion that since it can scan the network and find info
on my wifi, and since it reads the MAC address of the USB wifi adapter,
it is a very small step that is missing.

Any pointer would be greatly appreciated. I can also send diagnostics to
pastebin again if you are interested.