Version 4.00 b6 doesn't want to connect wifi on a Pi ZeroW. I've
followed the  wpa_supplicant.conf instructions and tested them from the
same SD card in a Pi3b and wireless connects. Same card won't initiate
wifi on the zeroW. I've also tried adding the SSID, etc directly to the
pizero but to no avail. The drivers don't get loaded in either case.

I have an open network with no password and use the GB country code.
Everything is fine with version 3.5 and it failed initially after an in
situ update. Tried two Pi Zero's and two different SD cards. Results
consistent. Do you think wifi can be enabled with this new version on a
Pi Zero W?

Grateful for any help.

John