I've experienced the same for a while now. I decided to use Squeezeplay for my testing instead...

This certainly is a player software side problem, as the server side is mostly shared with SB Classic/Boom/Transporter and has not changed in many years. I was wondering whether it had to do with the introduction of Retina support in macOS. But then why would it be the display part only?... I don't know.

For me SoftSqueeze never was as reliable as Squeezeplay. In particular the playback itself wasn't. That's why I gave up quickly.

--

Michael