Hi, been using Raspberry PI for music for many years and have had only a
few hicups along the way. Every time I setup up a PI it connects and
communicates on my network without any issues. Last year I offered to
help a friend set one up in his home and it has been one thing after
another. I believe the bulk of the problem is network related. He just
recently switched to JRiver Media server. PI is loaded with PICorePlayer
3.5. Had issues hooking up to internet first time, but after rebooting
it hooked up with Media Server. Playing music sounding good, he loaded
more music on the computer and rebooted to have it show up, yes I know
he didn't have to. At that point he lost communication with pi, and was
unable to find it with Fing. So we pulled the plug to reboot. After
rebooting it showed up again on Fing, but still was not seen on JRemote
or JRiver. So tried to reboot computer and still no sign of PI.

Could anyone offer some advice on how to sort through this once and for
all??

Thanks in Advance,

Mark