I currently have limited IP control and feedback of any squeezebox
player, hardware or software based. I want simple dnav and transport
control of Jivelite for use with a handheld remote. I’m just going to
use IR.

I think you're not getting my point: do you really want to be able to navigate the menus using your automation system, or do you want to control the music? All of the latter is controlled by talking to LMS. That's fully supported over IP (http, telnet). Navigating the menus (for whatever reason) is not.

--

Michael