Xyzzy wrote:
> Unfortunately it doesn't go away - I think I'll just sell it and buy
> some android box with digital output...

You seem to have a lot of trouble with SD cards even though other people
have none, so it might be easier to look for a solution that doesn't use
SD cards.

The process can't be simpler.

1. Buy known brand SD card. (10 minutes)
2. Write image to SD card (10 seconds)
3. Insert into RPi and boot. (1 minute)

Do not format SD card (even if Windows prompts you to).
Do not partition SD card. Leave partitions alone.

If that doesn't work, then your RPi is faulty.

Once your confidence is restored, then you could investigate your
current SD cards. As "mrw" recommends, if your SD card is screwed up or
has been repurposed from some other application then SD formatter is the
way to get it back to the original formatting.

Other than people using fake SD cards, we have not seen people with SD
card issues. I create new pCP images on an almost daily basis, my batch
of SD cards are years old and I would assume get a heavier usage than
the normal pCP users.

regards
Greg