Thanks Paul.
Yes. I tried to make a joke w/ refernce to another thread.
You are right. I do see some unexpected behaviour when I make changes to
Squeezelite settings.
Actually, I am doing further analysis looking at various scenarios:
* just pressing the save button
* Restarting Squeeelite on Main Screen
* Rebooting pCB on Main Screen
* Power off/on

And it is not that seetings are lost, but that seettings are not
applied. If I do look into the log, sometimes I do not see the applied
change.
I am still doing further investigations. Let's see if the problem is in
front or behind the screen.

One question: Is my assumption right, that all changes on squeezelite
setting screen are automatically copied to RAM Disc?

Living Room / Hifi: piCorePlayer 4.0.0 on rPi 3B+ & Allo DigiOne & 1TB
USB (LMS 7.9.2 & Squeezelite) & Keces DC-116, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock,
Rega DAC R, Rotel RB/RC-1070, Klipsch Forte III
Bedroom: Boom
Kitchen: Radio
Spare: SB3, Touch