I also use a cheap chinese 3.5 TFT display with piCorePlayer 4.1.

For configuration I initially followed nowhinjing's excellent guide.
With my display, however, I found that the configuration can by
simplified to say

    dtoverlay=piscreen,speed=24000000,rotate=270
--------------------

in config.txt instead of dtoverlay=ads7846 ...
With the piscreen overlay I can skip the whole modprobe flexfb ... part
and leave /opt/bootlocal.sh unchanged.

I also found 'Greg's version'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107366-picoreplayer-3-11-waveshare-3-5-TFT-jivelite-Raspberry-Pi-2B&p=932089&viewfull=1#post932089)
for a jivelite.sh very useful. Firstly, you dont't get a million
jivelite.sh spawned (how did that '&' get in there anyway?). Secondly
you don't need to edit /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/pcp_startup.sh to replace
"awk '/FT5406 memory based driver/" with " awk '/ADS7846 Touchscreen/".
So another file you don't need to touch when upgrading pCP.

To switch the backlight I made a similar hack to the one 'referenced
here'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107366-picoreplayer-3-11-waveshare-3-5-TFT-jivelite-Raspberry-Pi-2B&p=933819&viewfull=1#post933819)
(pics below).

2679526796

Maybe someone finds this info useful...

|Filename: IMG_6296.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26796|