Thanks for the responses. So which port is slim proto (since 9000 is the
http port) ? Maybe there's some non http proxying I can try.

3483. But if I got your use case correctly, then you won't need this.

In terms of moving parts - I currently need to route lms Internet
traffic through a vpn so I can use Pandora (they don't operate in
Australia). I want lms running on my nuc (for performance), but don't
want all traffic from that nuc going through a vpn, hence using
containers.

All you need is to make sure that _outgoing_ traffic from LMS _to_ mysqueezebox.com is routed through the VPN. No need for nginx, or to route slimproto or access to LMS.

--

Michael