Thank you for the suggestion, that's of course an option. I think it
would be more elegant if the pcp-bt init script supported an extra
argument "init" that would just call it's init function without actually
starting the connect daemon. That way, I could stay closer to the
original pCP. Would adding such an option be an option for you?

BTW, I noticed the following two lines in pcp-bt-connect-daemon:

    [ -f $BTDEVICECONF ] || (echo "Need to pair device. \n Please run
pcp-bt-pair"  >> $BT_LOG; exit 1 )

  [ "$BTDEVICE" = "" -a "$BTDELAY" = "" ] && (echo "Need to pair device. \n
Please run pcp-bt-pair" >> $BT_LOG; exit 1 )

On first sight I thought these would prevent the daemon from starting if
no BT configuration was found but then I noticed the exit statement was
inside a subshell so it does not have that effect. Is that on purpose?
If so, could you explain what it's meant to achieve?