paul- wrote:
> The Fat partition is only the boot disk.  That dirty bit is very common
> and mostly harmless.
>
> Partition 2 is where the extensions reside, and all of the pCP web
> interface.  All of those Squashfs errors are happening when the system
> is trying to load LMS... The extensions are readonly mounted squash
> partitions.   Those messages look like the SD card failed.    Try
> forcing a fsck on that partition, see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions Paul, I've run fsck on the second partition:

$ sudo fsck -V /dev/sdc2
fsck from util-linux 2.31.1
[/sbin/fsck.ext4 (1) -- /dev/sdc2] fsck.ext4 /dev/sdc2
e2fsck 1.44.1 (24-Mar-2018)
/dev/sdc2: clean, 246/3780608 files, 583682/15122432 blocks

So it looks like fsck thinks it's fine. Although the output from fsck
was instant, it didn't take any time to complete, so I'm wondering if it
actually did anything.

I guess it's time to get a new SD card.

Cheers

--ian