psketch wrote:
> Hi Paul, I thought that originally, but in that thread ralphy said ...
>
> The 4.19 linux kernel has removed the original LIRC uinput drivers that
> piCorePlayer has used since 3.x for navigating Jivelite with an IR
> remote control.
> The feature is still supported but you need to migrate your lircd.conf
> files to an IR keytables configuration.
>
> When I read "still supported", I thought he meant lirc, but I guess it
> means IR control of jivelite....  If I read it right after that, you can
> only use keytables with GPIO, so my old USB receiver is defunct with
> 5.x.  Is that right?

Thanks.  I've updated the sentence to clarify.

We might be able to get the USB receiver to work.

Post the old working configuration and setup in the 'IR Keytables
Thread'
(https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?110640-Howto-create-a-linux-kernel-IR-remote-keytable-for-Jivelite-on-piCorePlayer-5)
as well as any refereneces to the usb device from the dmesg command.

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *5*-Classics, *3*-Booms, *1*-UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.