chill wrote:
> But the other thing that this pi Zero does is look after all my
> backup/sync/compression tasks overnight.  This morning I noticed that
> none of the rsync jobs ran - rsync isn't in the basic pCP image, and I'd
> forgotten to add the rsync extension.  But I can't now find rsync in the
> list of extensions, either in the official piCore repository or the
> piCorePlayer repository.  I checked under pCP4, and it's available in
> the official piCore repository.  In fact the list of extensions is much
> longer under pCP4 than it is under pCP5.  Is that because the packages
> need to be updated for the new kernel, and is it just a matter of
> waiting?  Is there any way to get hold of rsync for pCP5 in the
> meantime?  Is it worth trying the pCP4 rsync.tcz under pCP5?

hi chill,

The short answer is it's a piCore issue. piCore 10 is still in beta and
doesn't have all the extensions transferred. Development of piCore 10
has been painfully slow.

For pCP5.0.0 we (read Paul) has included all the extensions used in
piCorePlayer in the pCP repository.

piCore 9 rsync.tcz may work under pCP5??

You could request piCore 10 rsync.tzc on the TinyCore forum. Don't
mention piCorePlayer over there as they don't support applications.

Sometimes you can pinch executables from piCore or Raspbian.

regards
Greg