It’s a Pi2B and using a usb dongle. Typically the cpu load is negligable
and the wireless strength in the general area is good. It’s on a fixed
IP because of historic name problems on Windows things. The Pi is in the
(wooden) hifi cabinet (and inside a plastic box though the dongle
isn’t). Lots of wires around though. When running Jessie I’ve had no
similar problems.

Clearing the cache had no effect nor did browsing from an iPad which
hadn’t previously connected to it. As I noted earlier though, none of
the other wireless connectivity is affected - pinging or SSH (either by
IP or name), streaming etc. so it doesn’t seem to be a wireless or IP
problem per se.

It’s actually quite constant and routinely becomes invisible to browsers
from any of my nodes although it reappears afterwards again. Ping, SSH
and streaming are uninterrupted. It seems more like a failure only of
web serving. Strange.